Length: 5 Days
Prerequisite: Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration
To succeed fully in this course, students should have experience managing a Solaris 10 System with at least 3 months of experience.
This is an advanced course in Solaris 11 system administration. The course teaches skills which build on current Solaris 10 system administration skills. The course focuses on topics required to help Solaris 10 administrators make the move from Solaris 10 to Solaris 11. The course does not teach system administration tasks currently supported on Solaris 10 or previous versions of Solaris.
The course highlights all of the new features through Solaris 11.3
This course prepares the student for the Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration Exam (1Z0-822), including the Upgrade to Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Exam (1Z0-820).
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Solaris 11 New Features and Enhancements
- Understand the new Image Packaging System (IPS)
- Manage Software Packages in Solaris 11 using IPS
- Understand changes in the boot and shutdown process
- Understand user environment enhancements
- Understand the methods used to install the Solaris 11 OS
- Understand how to create custom images using the distribution constructor
- Understand how to use the Automated Installer (AI)
- Backup and Restore using unified archives
- Understand issues and methods for migrating from Solaris 10 to Solaris 11
- Administering Solaris 11 (and solaris10 brand) Zones and Kernel Zones
- Understand changes in Network Service administration
- Understand VNICs and Virtual Networking
- Solaris 11 Storage Enhancements and New ZFS Features
- Solaris 11 Security Enhancements and new RBAC features
- Compare Solaris 11 enhancements to existing Solaris 10 Features