Prerequisite: AIX System Administration 1 course or equivalent experience managing an AIX system.
Length: 3 days
Student should have completed the AIX Essentials course or have equivalent experience using AIX. The student should have also attended an AIX system administration course or have equivalent experience administering an AIX system.
This course describes how to configure and administer LPARs in a Power Systems environment using the Hardware Management Console (HMC) and is equivalent to the IBM AN110 course.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand Partitioning concepts on Power-based systems
- Configure and manage the Hardware Management Console (HMC)
- Understand how to associate and allocate resources to partitions
- Understand physical and AIX location codes and how they relate to physical hardware components
- Use the HMC to backup and restore partition data
- Perform dynamic LPAR operations