Prerequisite: Linux Essentials course
Students should have some experience with Linux or Unix fundamentals such as using the vi editor, navigating through the directories, and managing files.
This course teaches basic topics in Linux system administration. Topics in this course are apply to the Red Hat, SUSE, Fedora, Oracle Linux and CentOS distributions. Students will learn how to install, configure and administer a Linux Enterprise server.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
Understand Linux hardware discovery and control
• Understand the boot process
• Maintain software
• Administer file systems
• Understand and manage LVM and RAID volumes
• Administer remote storage and file systems (NFS and AutoFS)
• Administer users and groups
• Administer Security
• Configure and Administer the network
• Administer system log files
• Monitor system performance and troubleshoot problems
• Install the OS