Prerequisite: : Linux System Administration I equivalent experience.
The student should have completed the Linux System Administration I course or have equivalent experience.
A course for LINUX system administrators who are responsible for the configuration and administration of VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM). The course covers basic and advanced installation, configuration and recovery topics.
The VERITAS Volume Manager (Storage Foundation) Administration course provides students with the essential information and skills to manage storage using VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) software. Students are introduced to the installation, initialization, and configuration of VxVM and to general performance issues. Basic VERITAS File System (VxFS) installation and configuration is also presented. The course is available for Veritas Storage Foundation versions 5 and 6
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Install the VxVM software on an LINUX system
- Analyze and document storage configurations
- Optimize the system and volume configurations for availability and performance
- Install and initialize the VxVM software
- Perform VxVM disk drive operations, such as creating a new disk group, adding and removing a disk from a disk
group, and displaying properties of VxVM objects
- Create volumes and file systems
- Analyze basic volume performance
- Perform basic VxFS administration
- Convert LVM volume groups to VxVM disk groups
- Manage VxVM boot disks
- Convert SVM volumes to VxVM disk groups