- This event has passed.
Solaris 11 Administration 1 (Intermediate) – Virtual $2,500
March 16 - March 20
Solaris 11 Administration 1 – 5 days Online Live! Cost: $2,500
This course teaches basic topics in Solaris system administration. The operating system will be Oracle Solaris 11.4. Both SPARC-based and x86-based versions of Solaris are covered in this course. Students will have access to both SPARC and x86-based Solaris servers to perform their labs.
This course also prepares the student for the Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Certification Exam (1Z0-821), including the Upgrade to Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Exam (1Z0-820).
This course is open to the public and will be held online Live with Bill Calkins as the instructor.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Perform system boot and shutdown procedures (SPARC and x86 architectures)
- Administer the Service Management Facility (SMF)
- Manage and Update software with the Image Packaging System (IPS)
- Understand Boot Environments
- Administer storage devices
- Understand to ZFS File Systems
- Perform Advanced ZFS Management tasks
- Install the Solaris 11 Operating environment
- Create and administer user accounts
- Manage system processes
- Understand how to secure the system
- Perform OS backups and restorations
- Configure the network interface, setup virtual network components and network services
- Understand Solaris virtualization concepts (Zones, Containers, Logical Domains and Partitions)
- Administering Solaris Zones
- Setup a virtual network between Zones
- Manage crash dumps and core files
- Troubleshoot Solaris systems