Oracle VM Server Administration (SPARC)
Plan, configure, and administer Oracle VM Server (formerly called Logical Domains) in the Solaris 11 SPARC environment
Length: 2 Days
Students should have 6 months of Solaris 11 system administration experience including experience with OpenBoot, Storage Management (including ZFS), the Service Management Facility and NFS. This course will be taught on a Solaris 11 system using Oracle VM 3.1, so knowledge of the Image Packaging System (IPS) and Networking is also helpful.
This course teaches the student how to plan, configure, and administer Oracle VM Server (formerly called Logical Domains) in the Solaris 11 environment using the Oracle Solaris Logical Domains Manager software. Students will gain hands on experience managing an Oracle VM server on a SPARC based server.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Plan, install and configure an Oracle VM Server on a SPARC server
- Install the Oracle VM Server software
- Configure the control and service domain
- Create a guest domain
- Reconfigure Oracle VM Server resources
- Use virtual disks
- Use virtual networks
- Manage Oracle VM Server configurations
- Perform a warm migration: Migrate an active guest domain
- Perform a cold migration: Migrate a bound or inactive guest domain