Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration – Part 2
Prerequisite: Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration – Part 1
Length: 5 Days
To succeed fully in this course, students should already know how to:
Manage files and directories ∙ Control the user work environment∙ Archive files ∙ Use remote commands ∙ Manage UFS and ZFS file systems ∙ Install software ∙ Perform system boot procedures ∙ Perform user and security administration ∙Manage network printers and system processes ∙ Perform system backups and restores ∙ Understand system startup procedures and the SMF on both SPARC and the x86 platforms.
This course teaches advanced topics in Solaris 10 system administration. The operating system will be Oracle Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10 release 1/13 u11). The course is taught on both Sun SPARC and x86-based servers
This course prepares the student for the Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certified Professional Examination – Part 2 (1Z0-878)
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe remote administration with the Solaris Management Console software
- Manage virtual file systems and core dumps
- Manage storage volumes (SVM)
- Control access and configure system messaging
- Configure role-based access control (RBAC)
- Set up name services
- Introduction to LDAP
- Perform advanced installation procedures (Flash archive, JumpStart and WAN boot)
- Install the OS on a mirrored ZFS root pool
- Perform a Solaris Live Upgrade
- Perform a Solaris Flash installation
- Understand differences between SPARC and x86-based Solaris Operating environments.
- Understand and administer Zones and Containers.
- Use the Solaris Resource Manager with Zones
- Migrate a UFS root file system to a ZFS root pool
- Understand how to work with DTrace